Sunday, December 23, 2018

Trail Log: 12-23-2018






















  • Trail: Weiser River Trail
  • Miles: 2.88
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack and J'Lo
  • Dogs: Shade and Hank


Notes: It was hard to find the ambition to get out of a warm house and hit the trail on a snowy, dreary day. I'm glad we did. No matter how crappy I feel - climbing in the saddle and getting out into the fresh air seems to cure what ails me every time.

We always see something cool on the WRT - today we saw a bald eagle, a blue egret and a couple of playful otter! That was the coolest thing ever. I may have seen one otter years ago on the Powder River. They were sure fun to watch. Much bigger than I expected. Like a dork - I did not have my good camera with the awesome zoom. All I got was cell phone pictures. Bummer..

I wore my new helmet today. After watching Jack buck a friend of on the pavement I decided it was time to put away the vanity and start riding smarter. I like the helmet better than anticipated. It's a low profile Troxel Rebel. Feels more like I'm wearing a ball cap and less like a bobble-head. :)

It spit snow and hail on and off but didn't start to really come down until I pulled into my driveway. Perfect timing...

No comments:

Post a Comment