Sunday, August 4, 2024

Trail Log: 8-4-2024

looking toward the valley


  • Trail: Tunnel Creek - NF100 - Holbrook Creek
  • Miles: 4.14
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack - Drifter
  • Dogs: Groot


Notes: Tired of waiting for it to cool off...tired of waiting for the smoke to clear. With most of the major moving done, it's time to get back in the saddle and get myself and my critters back in shape. I saddled both horses and hauled toward tunnel creek. Instead of staying on the main trail to Tunnel Creek, we veered off to the right toward Holbrook Creek. I grew up on Holbrook Creek and live here in the summers since moving to AZ...but I've never seen where Holbrook originates. I didn't see it today, either - as we turned around. I didn't even know it was Holbrook Creek until mom informed of such when I got back. I'll make a point of going farther another time. I rode Jack in and Drifter out. It's still smoky everywhere you ride but at least it is a few degrees cooler in the mountains. I met two DFW firetrucks on my way out. Apparently there is a fire up Holbrook somewhere. I didn't see evidence of it as the smoke is lingering from fires in other parts of the country. 

Good friends 



No comments:

Post a Comment