Friday, June 12, 2020

Trail Log: 6-10-2020




  • Trail: Weiser River Trail
  • Miles: 6.12
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack and J
  • Dogs: Hank (Shade part way)


Notes: Another one of those, "well, I have to go to town anyway...might as well make the best of it."

I stopped in at the Vet to talk to them about having J'Lo bred. They will ultrasound her next week to make sure it's even an option. I don't know much about the whole process but looks like I'm about to learn. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that it is indeed an option. I'd like a colt that Jack can help me raise. He was amazing with the baby goats ....hoping he feels the same with baby horses!

Beautiful day on the WRT. They put in a new/real gate at the walk-through across the bridge. A guy was putting it in as we started out. It was a bit of a cluster. The guy standing at the back of his utility truck with equipment sticking up all over - a gauntlet of cows all around the bridge and a few under the bridge. If the white/blueberry cow wasn't scary enough - I feared the guy lifting the metal gate over his head and walking toward us while we were in the middle of the bridge would get us killed. I was riding J and towing Jack - I figured J is smart enough (kind of reminds me of a mule) she would't spook off the bridge and kill herself. I just squeezed my eyes shut until we emerged out the other end of it.

I swapped horses at the green gate. Fortunately the scary gate wielding monster was gone. Jack snorted at the giant blueberry cow but we made it back to the trailers and nobody died.

No comments:

Post a Comment