Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Trail Log: 7-13-2022

  •  Trail: Mayo's - Carson Grade - Turner Creek
  • Miles: 10.31
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack 
  • Dogs: Hank


Notes: Loaded up early and headed for the timber. I hauled to my old stomping grounds past Mayo's house up Carson Grade. I followed an old logging road I don't think I've explored before. It followed Carson Grade along Pine Creek toward Cornucopia. I assume I could have made it all the way to Cornucopia. We made it to Turner Creek and followed my GPS to a spot called Falls Creek. I didn't see any creek...Falls or otherwise but it was a beautiful ride. 

I forgot to pack a lunch and was pretty sure I would starve to death 1/3 of the way up. Promises of huckleberries, wild blackberries and thimble berries lining the path are a good month out. Thanks mother nature - it's the thought that counts. 

Sporadic thundershowers and light showers made for a refreshing ride on a hot summer day. Doesn't get much better...





No comments:

Post a Comment