Friday, August 26, 2022

Trail Log: 8-24-2022




  •  Trail: Cornucopia Hwy - Tunnel Crk
  • Miles: 6.58
  • Riders: Self - Solomon
  • Horses: Jack - Crackers
  • Dogs: Hank


Notes: Ventured out a little farther. Crackers did great again. A bear wandered across the road in front of us. Neither horse batted an eye. I've run into bears on Jack in the past but Crackers has likely never seen one unless it's been out in his pasture. 

Crackers is moving better with every ride. I took him to an equine chiropractor a couple weeks ago. It made a huge difference. I think just getting out and moving helps as well. I hope Solomon is allowed to continue riding him after I head home to keep him in shape and enjoying a little freedom...for both of them. 

Solomon enjoys riding. He's been convinced he's going to either be eating by a bear, a cougar or a wolf since he got here. I wondered what he would think if/when we ran across a bear. I've been telling him there are a lot scarier things in life. He realized after his first bear encounter that they aren't nearly as scary as he was led to believe. He even hoped we see it again so we could get a picture of it next time. 


Yeah...that looks "exactly" like it did before they mined the shit out of it. :( 


No comments:

Post a Comment