Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Trail Log: 9-18-2022

Phil and his new ride: Tank

 

  • Trail: Aguila - State Land
  • Miles: 4
  • Riders: Self - Phil
  • Horses: Jack - Tank
  • Dogs: Hank - E.T


Notes: Well...this thing happened the other day. Phil and I went to a horse sale. He purposely did not bring a trailer - cash or checks. Who knew they took Credit Cards. 

The average horse went for 22K - top seller 100K. There were a couple of grade horses. Personally, I liked two of the grade horses better than any of the AQHA ones there. Phil ended up with the one I would have picked. His sale name was "Gnat" - which does not fit him at all. Gnat signifies something small and insignificant. This horse is built like...well, like a Tank. Phil will call him Tank. 

We watched them rope and drag a calf to be branded, cut and vaccinated. Tank was a champ. He has a huge motor. I think he will make Phil a great horse. I will keep him for a few days until Phil gets something set up where he lives.

We went for a short ride as soon as we got him to my place. He travels out super nice and appears to be a pleasure to ride. 


No comments:

Post a Comment