Monday, August 17, 2026

Trail Log: 8-12-2026

  •  Trail: Lost Canyon - Mancos CO
  • Miles: 7.67
  • Riders: Self - Celia
  • Horses: Jack - Smoothie
  • Dogs: Groot - Harley

Notes: We rode up Lost Canyon to the diversion dam and looped back around. Afterwards - we brought home a jeep Steve found for me. I have been looking for an older Cherokee with an in-line 6 4.0 engine and stock. The man that owned it was going to take it to the scrap yard because, according to him, "It isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell." Well dang...I hope he's wrong. It was drivable four years ago. He was using it to pull his brother out of the ditch in reverse and the reverse went out in it. He parked it and there it has set since 2022. Other than being full of mouse poop and squirrel bedding - the thing is remarkably clean. We towed it home, jump started it and it fired right up. Even if I have to rebuild the engine and tranny - it will be worth it to me. It is exactly what I was looking for. I got it home and went to cleaning it up. I disinfected the engine and hosed it down...vacuumed and  Armor-all'd the interior until it sparkled. I am looking forward to restoring it. As I type this - it is sitting down at a local mechanic here in Aguila with hopes he can get the reverse to work. Crossing fingers and toes. I shall call him: "DINO"


Dino liking his new life in the desert. 







No comments:

Post a Comment