Sunday, October 4, 2026

Trail Log: 10-3-2026



  • Trail: Back Gate - State Land
  • Miles: 5.19
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack
  • Dogs: Groot - Harley

Notes: I had planned to take a longer ride and do some exploring above the power line. The mosquitoes had plans of their own. There plan was to drain Jack and I of all our blood supply AND drive us totally nuts. We made it to the powerline Rd and bagged it. Somewhere along the way I noticed Harley had vanished. The last time I saw her she was hot on the tail of a jackrabbit. Groot is beyond that type of nonsense and was trotting quietly behind me. I whistled a few times but no Harley. I wasn't terribly worried about her. She knows her way home and I hadn't seen any coyotes close that might try to get her - if there were, Groot wouldn't let them pack her off. He's not a fan of Coyotes. Anyway - we rode home and there was Harley Quinn sitting out back staring at the direction we'd come. She's turning out to be a pretty good dog. 

Bunny chasing is exhausting work


No comments:

Post a Comment