Sunday, December 30, 2018

Trail Log: 12-30-2018



  • Trail: Weiser River Trail
  • Miles: 2.68
  • Riders: Self - Jon
  • Horses: Jack - J'Lo
  • Dogs: Shade and Hank


Notes: Got Jon back in the saddle after being dumped on the pavement a few weeks ago. Took it pretty easy and didn't go far as to not overdo it.

Unusually warm weather - in the low 40'. Still, the wind managed to cut through multiple layers of clothing...biting at your bones when the clouds managed to overtake the sun. 

Likely the last ride of 2018. Where did 2018 go? I remember being a kid and all the "old" people would get that far-off look in their eye and say things like: "Time sure fly's." and "Where does the time go?" Or, "The older I get ...the faster time seems to fly by."

I remember thinking as a kid that time seemed to stand still. I would be a kid, stuck in a dysfunctional childhood of family feuds, mundane schooling and all too short summer vacations...forever. Wishing that time would pass ....just a little faster.

Today I sit in the saddle - surely a far-off expression crosses my face as I stare off into the snow splattered horizon contemplating just how fast the years are pouring by...and wishing that time would pass ...just a little slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment