Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Trail Log: 1-1-2019



  • Trail: Weiser River Trail
  • Miles: 5.58
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack and J'Lo
  • Dogs: Hank and Shade



Notes: The temps dropped into the teens for the new year, but the sun was shinning and no wind! Beautiful day to ring in the new year.

Saw a ton of geese and other water fowl AND a bunny rabbit! I remembered my camera with the good zoom this time. I think this is the first time I've seen a bunny on the WRT. It seems like I get to see something different every time.

My favorite thing about New Years: A clean slate. Every day should be a clean slate - but I'll go with it. I expect a lot of cool changes for 2019 and looking forward to whatever adventures I can eek out of it.

My least favorite thing about New Years: You can't turn on the news without listening to lame stream media rehash the previous year for two weeks straight. What, doesn't anything of interest happen on New Years for them to report on? I didn't care about (or believe) 80% of what they report anyway - who wants to listen to them retell it? It's not like they are going to learn from it...

Regardless - the past is the past. They only thing one should do with it is reflect on the good memories you made and learn from the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment