Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Trail Log: 7-2-2019


  • Trail: Lone Pine Ranch (Lauman Ranch) Terrabonne Oregon
  • Miles: 10 +/-
  • Riders: Self - Kitty
  • Horses: Jack - J'Lo
  • Dogs: Hank (Shade stayed in camp - not sure of water situation)


Happy to see me

Notes: J and I headed to Lone Pine to pick up Jack from his 60 days of training/boot camp. Kitty wanted to spend a few hours each day working with him and I before taking him home. While Kitty put on a 4H horse boot camp for kids, J and I rode the trails behind the ranch.


Jack and J really missed each other

Once she was done with boot camp for the day - we rode in the hills and did some arena work. The second day, I rode Jack and she rode J. First time I've been able to shoot off him in a controlled manner. It felt great. I had sent 300 rounds of ammo with Jack for her to use in his training. I got less than 25 back. :) :)

We will be going back over the next few months and working with Kitty on shooting and tuning up Jack. She did an amazing job with him. He is super soft - moves off my legs and could not care less about gunfire or popping balloons. Now to make sure I don't screw him up.

Camp for a few days

No comments:

Post a Comment