Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Trail Log: 8-2019 to 9-7-2019




  • Trail: WRT - Grouse Creek - Lone Pine
  • Miles: 14
  • Riders: Self - Sharon
  • Horses: Jack - J'Lo - Elli
  • Dogs: Hank - Shade


Notes: Been on the go and got behind on posting my trail miles. Combining them in one post as best I can remember. I've been  taking short rides here and there in between working on putting in a shallow irrigation well, shooting practice and our last shoot for the year in Prineville.

I opted to donate the Prineville shoot and compete off Jack. Our times were better than I expected. I probably should have done time only's and competed off J'Lo - but I needed to get an actual shoot under our saddle so we can move forward. Jack did awesome under the pressure of an actual shoot. We only had one wonky run when I asked him for more speed than we were ready for. The first random 5 were spot on - then, turning the rundown barrel we got a little carried away - blew out the barrel - overcompensated - ran over/jumped the #7 target and ended up on the other side of the rundown. Jack didn't panic (can't say the same for his rider who got a little wide-eyed) - plowed through the target and continued on. Pretty proud of my pony.

 I did ride J'Lo for shotgun so she got a couple runs in as well. I don't think I've missed this many balloons since my first shoot but it was worth it.

During my morning walk with the dogs, we came upon a fire under the Lone Pine tree. Somebody had left a camp fire unattended. It was burning fairly deep in the soil/pine needles so I couldn't stomp it out. Called Lauman's and they ran their water truck to it and put it out. Stew and I went back and dug around it to make sure it was out and dragged away some dead, pitchy limbs from under it.

Been a busy, eventful couple of weeks for sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment