Sunday, December 22, 2019

Trail Log: 12-22-2019

Rob and Payette



















  • Trail: Little Willow
  • Miles: 4
  • Riders: Self - Rob @ 
  • Horses: Jack - Payette
  • Dogs: Hank - Shade (shorter hike)


Notes: It was too pretty to not saddle up. Blue skies, sunshine and 50°. I chanced taking Jack. He is still a little tender footed. I tried to pick an area that wasn't too rocky and had some sand to it. We picked Little Willow. It's a shorter haul so you don't mind cutting a ride short if need be. The ground was pretty slimy in spots, icy in others and sandy in some. I didn't want to push it so we cut the ride short at 4 miles. Even so, it felt great to be out and about. I'll lay Jack off until we head to Arizona where I'll have them both shod. His vet found a small bruise on his left toe but doesn't think he's abscessed. I couldn't help noticed it appears I live in a polar belt. Everywhere around me is snow-free zone while we are still covered in the white stuff. I'd call it the white menace - but we really do need the moisture.

A short hike for the dogs. Hardly any snow out there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment