Thursday, September 3, 2020

Trail Log: 9-3-2020

I like sunflowers

 

  • Trail: WRT - Presley to Second Green Gate
  • Miles: 8.65
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack and J'Lo
  • Dogs: Hank (Shade shorter hike)


Notes: I intended to leave earlier enough to beat the heat and ride to the big trestle. My trailer had different plans and I ended up changing a flat tire in the parking lot. Made short work of that minor set back and hit the trail. It got hot fast so we turned around at the second green gate after swapping horses. The river is low but teeming with water foul. We also saw a fox pooping in the middle of the trail about a half mile a head of us. 

The wild sunflowers are in full bloom. I don't know by whom or why some flowers are designated "flowers" and others are marked as weeds. I think wild sunflowers are as pretty as any flower you can buy. 

Dillon lent me is Nikon camera with a nice zoom...felt good to have something besides a cell phone to snap pictures with! I especially missed having a nice zoom. I will try to not drop this one in a body of water of any kind.  

Dropped the flat tire off at Les Schwab on the way home and called it good. 

Here...hold my horse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment