Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Trail Log: 9-6-2021

 

Clear Creek Falls

  • Trail: Clear Creek - Snow Park
  • Miles: 14.86
  • Riders: Self - Lee - Christine
  • Horses: Jack - Shadow - Mystic


Notes: Jones and Dusty had to leave the day before. Sad to see them go for sure. :( 


I was able to haul someplace to ride by leaving Drifter home (three horse trailer). We unloaded at the Snow Park and rode to the Clear Creek Trail head from there. This is the area Mike took showed me a few weeks ago. At that time, we made it about a mile (as the crow fly's) from the lake. This time, we made it within a half mile. I managed to find the trail as it climbed a boulder outcropping up the side of the mountain. Unfortunately, the trail ended at a washed out and overgrown ravine. I left Jack with Christine while I went on foot to explore a possible crossing.  I couldn't find anything without clearing some major foliage first. Plus, I couldn't pick up the trail on the other side without further exploration. We  would have to turn back. Disappointing. I hate to give up. Another time. 

We went to the Rodeo again and I had yet another GIANT to die for elephant ear. It's a good thing the fair only comes around once a year or I'd have an elephant ass to go with that ear. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment