Sunday, April 17, 2022

Trail log: 4-13-2022

Jess and CC

 

  • Trail: Seven Mile - Moab Utah
  • Miles: 9.7
  • Riders: Self - Jessy
  • Horses: Jack - Drifter - CC
  • Dogs: Hank


Notes: Drifter has been stuck at camp the whole week. Apparently there is a limit on the number of horses that can be on the trail at a time. I decided to forgo riding with the rest of the girls and head back to Seven Mile so I could pony Drifter. It's a perfect spot to do it. We had so much fun racing up the wash that Jess opted to go with me. 

I ponied Drifter to where the wash widens out and let him go. He has enough confidence that he leads at times....follows other times and pretty much entertains himself. We raced up the wash to the grotto. It was fun watching Drifter stretch out. He is built for speed and I'm hoping will have plenty of it. 

Jess and I have a similar riding style. We shot up different canyons to see where they go and explored the area....letting the horses be horses. I think they enjoyed the day as much as we did. 

Me - Jack - Drifter - Hank


No comments:

Post a Comment