Sunday, May 21, 2023

Trail Log: 5-20-2023

Headed toward Coyote Grade

 


Trail: Rats Nest - Owyhee front

Miles: 19.1

Riders: Self - Jones - Robin (Happy Trails Team)

Horses: Jack - Diesel - Scotty

Dogs: Dogs stayed with Dusty, the dog whisperer, in Melba


Notes: I'm back in Idaho waiting for my place to get done in Arizona. It's too hot to live down there without power and/or AC - I'm not tough enough, anyway. I came north and will go to a few shoots, square away some business and visit friends and family. 

With Dusty out of commission for a bit and me in Arizona - Circle 4 is no more as far as IMO goes. Jones has been riding with Robin. I asked to tag along. It felt GREAT to be back in the Owyhee's and putting some actual miles in the saddle as opposed to short 4-5 miles rides here and there. I expected Jack to be a little out of shape but he was a machine. 

It took us 7 hours and we only found 3 markers but it was still worth it. 

I miss IMO and especially miss my friends, Jones and Dusty. I plan to ride with them more this summer while I'm in the area. If my damn house doesn't get finished, I sell out and move back to the Owyhee's and be their neighbor! 


Robin on Scotty - Jones and Diesel


No comments:

Post a Comment