Sunday, May 28, 2023

Trail Log: 5-27-2023



  •  Trail: Oreana - Owyhee BLM
  • Miles: 7.35    
  • Riders: Self - Jones - Robin P
  • Horses: Drifter - Diesel - Scotty

Notes: Robin (Happy Trails) asked Jones and I if we would ride part of an IMO course she is putting on. She set it on side-by-side and wanted us to ride the sections for markers 4 and 5 to make sure it was doable on horseback. 

I opted to take Drifter. Wasn't really thinking I should probably take Jack into unknown terrain but Drifter proved a good choice. He was a little fresh from being on green grass up to his withers. Still, he did awesome. This was the "sketchiest" terrain I've ridden him on with cliff's off to one side that dropped into the oblivion. He did really well and didn't plunge us off a cliff to our deaths...a certain win in my book. 

*phew* - we made it off the ridge without incident. 



No comments:

Post a Comment