Saturday, October 14, 2023

Trail Log: 10-14-2023

Waiting outside the main house. 

  •  Trail: Eagle Eye - Sheep Ruins
  • Miles: 3.68
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack 
  • Dogs: Hank - Groot


Notes: I mostly wanted to get "Runaround Sue" out on a short haul for the first time this fall/winter to make sure the tires/wiring, etc. are in proper working order.  I loaded Jack and the dogs and hauled up Eagle Eye and rode into the sheep ruins. I've been here many times and each time I find a structure I hadn't noticed before...whether it be a rock barrier for containment or the remnants of some type of shelter. No water this year as it's been a hot, dry summer. It is so beautiful out here. Being at the ruins transports me to a past I can only imagine. It would be awesome to meet the folks that lived/worked this area. I assume it was a camp for shepherds and not a year round residence but who knows. I'm told that back then...water ran year round as it did last year. Pretty cool area. 



No comments:

Post a Comment