Saturday, October 14, 2023

Trail Log: 10-6-2023

Trench work crossing the road

 

  • Trail: Aguila - Silver Bit to State Land 
  • Miles: 5.61
  • Riders: Self - Phil
  • Horses: Jack - Twister
  • Dogs: Hank - Groot - Pearl


Notes: The site work folks finally arrived around the first of October to do some work on my place...specifically trench and lay conduit for the power. It was bit of a sticker shock when they told me I had to come up with another 17K just to do the work before APS can pull the cable. You really have no choice. I quickly sold my RV, listed my Jeep and scrambled for the money. You can't take it with you, right? 

It cost 3500.00 just to cross the road on 529th. I sent out a notice to the local FB page informing folks the road will be shut down for a bit in the morning and offered alternative routes. Apparently that wasn't good enough. Some gal - likely one of them we ran off for trespassing - turned my backhoe driver in to ADOT. They came out - looked in the hole and said "Nice work...continue on." She would have known 529th was not a public road had she been paying the grader guy to help maintain it every year like the rest of us do. People. 

I needed a break from stressing over this whole house fiasco so Phil and I saddled up for a ride. It's been a hot one this October so we took advantage of one of the less hot mornings. I don't normally ride down the road but other than the crabby lady and me...there aren't too many of us out here yet. It will be another few weeks before the snowbirds start coming in. So - we rode toward Silver Bit and out the back onto State Land. 

It is now October 14th. The trench work is done and back-filled. Now I wait for APS to pull the cable. No activity as I write this but so far nobody has stolen the gravel or conduit that lays next to the hole prepared for 1 of 2 J boxes. You take your wins were you can find them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment