Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Trail Log: 9-9-2018



  • Trail: Tripod Meadows
  • Miles: 10.67
  • Ave mph: 3.5
  • Max speed: 10.3 mph
  • Riders: Circle Four -Karen and Shade Hunters
  • Horses: Jack and J’Lo – Rooster and Honor
  • Dogs: Hank
Notes: Post IMO ride before packing up and heading home. Riding doesn’t seem to bother my back but driving sure does. I made it home by cramming a thermos behind the small of my back and leaning against it. Jones took pity on me and drove from McCall to Midvale. I’ve decided I’m not 25 anymore – or 35…or 45 for that matter.  Gone are the days of moving hay and splitting wood in one afternoon. Might be time to invest in a log splitter…probably cheaper than a chiropractor! I walked into the dentist Monday morning for a root canal. The dentist remarked that I looked miserable and how was my weekend? I commented back that this root canal was the best thing that’s happened to me in the last 10 days.
I have no right to complain though – I don’t have cancer and I’m not  being eaten by sharks.  I’m reading a book set during WWII. Circling sharks waiting for AAF bombers to crash into the ocean was a common sight for the crew. It’s hard to read about it let alone live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment