Friday, November 15, 2019

Trail Log: 11-15-2019




  • Trail: WRT
  • Miles: 5.87
  • Ave mph: 3.5
  • Max mph: 21.8
  • Riders: Self
  • Horse: Jack
  • Dogs: Hank - Shade (shorter hike)


Notes: Hard not to climb in the saddle when it's so nice out. I needed to run to town for diesel. If I could grow my own diesel (and twinkies), I'd never go into town. I made the trip worth it by loading up Jack for a quick jog on the WRT.

I let him pick his speed on a couple of straight stretches not littered with gopher holes. I clocked him out at 21.8 mph effortless stride. We ran out of trail before asking him for more. The WRT is practically concrete  - so probably not a good idea. One of these day's we will head out to the Owyhee's and find a wide, dirt road to race on.

My dream barn


No comments:

Post a Comment