Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Trail Log: 4-22-2020


  • Trail: Big Willow
  • Miles: 6.3
  • Riders: Self - Patty D. 
  • Horses: J'Lo - Larkey 
  • Dogs: Hank



Baby snake
Notes: A short but productive ride out Big Willow. We took a couple of garbage bags with us and picked up trash coming and going. Patty had picked up trash in the area a few days earlier - but it's a never ending thing, unfortunately. We carried out two grocery sacks full of beer bottles and cans, plastic water bottles and shotgun shells. I keep thinking I need to get a job to supplement my income but I could probably cash in all the returnable bottles and cans and make more money than I did when I was working.
Patty perusing the gully for trash
We came upon a hobo lean-to looking thing. Patty said it's been out there for at least a month. The cooler had a half dozen dead mice in it that about made me gag. Horrible smell. I always wonder about the story behind such a structure. Was somebody just goofing around and made them a little fort...or was somebody actually taking shelter out there? They left behind a Real Tree coat, a fleece blanket and a camp organizer. Hard telling...
Hobo camp

No comments:

Post a Comment