Monday, April 6, 2020

Trail Log: 4-5-2020


  • Trail: Weiser River Trail - Galloway to Presley
  • Miles: 3.86
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack - J'Lo
  • Dogs: Shade and Hank


Notes: I've been working on a project that requires  painting...which I am not a fan of. I'd rather be shooting balloons or out on the trail but I want to get the project done so I can move on to other things when the weather turns nice. I try not to shoot on Sunday's anyway out of respect for my neighbors.

 I needed to run into town for a gallon of paint.  I avoid town at all cost and that was before COVID-19 turned us all in to germaphobes. I figured if I had to go, I would make the best of it. I loaded up the horses and dogs and headed for the hardware store. I told the gal I'd pick up my paint when I got back from riding. Riding in the rain is better than standing around in a hardware store trying to avoid coughing or touching your face for 10 minutes.

I try to keep it around 3 or 4 miles for Shade. Any more than that and she has a hard time moving the next day. We put in at Galloway and rode to Presley. I hobbled the horses to let them graze a while then headed back before the hardware store closed. We manged to get our ride in between light showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment