Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Trail Log: 1-5-2021

Headed off the mountain towards home


  •  Trail: Aguila - State Land - Burro Valley
  • Miles: 9.54
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack
  • Dogs: Hank


Notes: Time to get out of the arena and put some trail under our hooves. Jack seemed equally as happy to be out. I took the long way toward Burro Valley west and looped back at the point of the mountain range into the valley. There is a big shiny spot way up on the mountain I've been trying to see through binoculars. My bino's are not very good so I have not been able to make out what it is. I decided to ride up to it. Maybe not the smartest move. Once you get off a trail or four wheeler road around here it gets gnarly fast. Rugged country is right up Jack's alley. He plowed on up the steep rocks...down into washes...back up the other side. A walk in the park for my mountain pony. We eventually made our way up to a big cluster of  round boulder smoothed out by eons of rushing water as it poured down the falls. The smooth rock shone like metal in the sun. Pretty cool looking. We rode 6.5 miles in and 4 miles back to the trailers. I let Jack pick his way home. He always manages to find the shortest route...even if I do have to close my eyes and hope we don't die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment