Saturday, July 17, 2021

Trail Log: 7-16-2021

Headed back to civilization after being run off by the big bad wolf. 

 


  • Trail: Cornucopia Hwy
  • Miles: 3
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack
  • Dogs: Hank and The Big Bad Wolf


Notes: Jack is so fat he can barely get through my new 12' arena gate. With building fence, putting in the arena and the heat - I've found it difficult to squeeze in a ride. After topping the last post off the arena perimeter and calling it finished - I loaded Jack for a quick evening ride. Drifter has been limping so I left him behind. At first I thought it was stone bruise - but it acts more like a shoulder thing. I'm  hoping he just twisted something running around and will be on the mend soon. 

We didn't get far from the trailer headed toward Cornucopia. Minding our own business and clipping along at our usual 3.2 MPH when across the dirt road skulks a large black wolf - no more than 30' in front of us. He (pretty sure it was a male) was paying more attention to Hank than he was horse and rider. Hank was behind me about the same distance. I wasn't worried about it messing with me, but I was concerned for Hank. It wasn't worth losing my dog over so we turned around and rode back toward civilization. Little Red Riding Hood I am  not. 



Dusk had set in and Jack boogered at everything unseen from my trailer to moms house. I'm not a fan of riding on the road. Something about getting dumped on my head in the middle of a gravel road does not appeal to me. I tied Jack to my newly installed hitching posts and begged a ride from mom back to my trailer. 

Hitching post success was claimed as Jack was still tied when I arrived with truck and trailer. Sweet! 

Yes - he's that fat. Don't judge. We've been busy



2 comments:

  1. What? No picture of the wolf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are like trying to photograph bigfoot. It ain't happening.

    ReplyDelete