Monday, July 26, 2021

Trail Log: 7-24-2021

Above the smoke for a bit

 


  • Trail: Cornucopia Highway - Tunnel Crk. Rd
  • Miles: 9.92
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack - Drifter
  • Dogs: Hank


Notes: Another attempt toward Tunnel Creek. The last ride ended up in an abrupt about face to avoid the big bad wolf. Drifter has stopped favoring his shoulder so took him along. I don't know if it's healed on it's own or if rubbing him down with mom's Absorbing Sr. did the trick. Whichever - he was excited to come along and was sprinting about the hills like only he can do. Jack even let him win a drag race down a straight stretch. At least I think he let him win....Jack's so fat right now, Drift may have won fair and square. 

I turned the horses out on our property for the first time since finishing the fence. I opted to spend the night in my LQ and keep an eye on them. Sitting on my step watching the horses graze outside the front door was much needed therapy. Staying in someone else's home for the last few months is starting to close in a bit. I needed to be surrounded by all that makes up my life: Jack - Drifter - Hank and solitude. 



No comments:

Post a Comment