Friday, January 21, 2022

Trail Log: 1-20-2022

Dan dragging the cholla. We stayed back quite a ways at first. Jack kind of wanted to chase it as we got closer. 




  • Trail: State Land - Aguila
  • Miles: 5
  • Riders: Self - Dan
  • Horses: Jack - Bullseye
  • Dogs: Hank - Wyatt


Notes: My favorite kind of day. In the morning, I went on a 5-6 miles hike to the base of the Harquahala's. Saw all sorts of cool critter dens - likely coyote, fox and badger. When I got back, I set up a course and practiced until Dan rode by on his way to hunt up firewood in the desert. I finished killing my balloons and headed on out with him. We only had a couple hours of daylight left. Dan found a big hunk of cholla that suited him. He put a rope around the cholla and commenced to dally up and drag it home. Jack isn't real keen on things being drug around behind a horse. I kept him a good distance back while Dan and Bullseye drug the thing back. Jack relaxed and I was able to get closer to it than I expected. 

A den. I wasn't crawling in there to find out what kind of critter called it home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment