Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Trail Log: 11-15-2022

Drifter didn't seem to notice he was packing saddle bags for the first time


  •  Trail: Aguila - State Land
  • Miles: 13.12
  • Riders: Self - Cindy - Phil
  • Horses: Jack - Drifter - Jimmy - Bugsy - Tank


Notes: Well..this was an interesting mix of horses and miles. Cindy started out to ride her little bay Jimmy and I intended to ride Jack first - and Drifter later in the day. Jack was gimping pretty bad and wasn't getting any better after a mile in. I took him back, gave him some butte and rode Jimmy for Cindy so she could ride Bugsy, her coming 4 year old. We rode about 8 miles. As soon as we got back, I grabbed a  bite to eat, saddled Drifter and rode with Phil for another five miles. Drifter was feeling pretty spunky, but still did really well. The new hay we got is pretty rich and hot. I'm pretty sure I over-fed and may be part of what Jack's problem was. He also has a scrapped up knee that's a little swollen - so it's hard to tell. By the time I turned him out he was a lot better. Hoping/praying it's a temporary thing and he will be back at it in a day or two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment