Saturday, November 26, 2022

Trail Log: 11-25-2022

 



  • Trail:  Aguila - State Land
  • Miles: 6
  • Riders: Self - Blair - Cheri
  • Horses: Drifter - Uptown - Watermelon
  • Dogs: Slick (Hank and Groot turned back and were waiting at home when I got back)


Notes: We took the colts out. We rode west - south west and looped back around behind Silver Bit arena to expose the colts to all the goings on over there. They are building a new cook shack. Drifter payed no attention to the jack-hammering and ratcheting going on. We rode around the arena and out the back through all sorts of horse eating obstacles: trailers, old tires, piles of metal fencing and other desert flotsam and jetsam. Drifter doesn't seem to spook at anything. I hope he stays that way and definitely hope that if the day comes he does find something to spook at, he doesn't break in half and face plant me. 

We rode back the short distance on the road. I left Cheri and Blair at our crossroad and Drifter and I rode on home. This was our first solo ride ...albeit a short one of 200 yards to the tack shed...but it felt good just the same. I don't think I'd be afraid to ride him out alone anymore. He seems pretty solid. 




No comments:

Post a Comment