Saturday, January 21, 2023

Trail Log: 1-21-2023




  • Trail: Sheep Ruins - AZ
  • Miles: 9.83
  • Riders: Self - Cheri - Blair
  • Horses: Jack - Sprout - Uptown
  • Dogs: Groot and Slick (Hank went back home at the gate. Some days he just doesn't feel like going.)


Notes: The Sheep Ruins is one of my favorite spots in these parts. The ruins consist of rock buildings and corrals fashioned for a sheep camp nestled up in a steep ravine. I am told that at one time, the water ran year round. This is the first time I've seen water running at all...it was a mere trickle, but it was enough for the horses and dogs to drink and plenty of wildlife as indicated by the tracks. We hobbled the horses and had lunch. I took a hike up the ravine a ways. I will plan to hike to the top on another day. 


I found a cool rock. Jack carried it back in his saddle bags for me



No comments:

Post a Comment