Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Trail Log: 3-13-2024

Celia and Harold holding down the fort while I "investigate"


  • Trail: Wickenburg Massacre Site
  • Miles: 8.36
  • Riders: Self - Celia - Harold
  • Horses: Jack - Dirt - Windy

Notes: I don't have nearly as much trouble finding the way to the massacre site as I do finding my way to the entrance onto state land itself. I passed it both ways. Ugh. 

Harold, Celia's neighbor, has been reading a book on the Wickenburg Massacre site. He wanted to see the place in person so he could determine for himself what actually occurred. After wandering about for a few minutes - he has formed the opinion that the culprits were actually white people and bandits posing as Indians. As for me - I have no opinion. I'm mostly sad that three horses were wounded in the attack and one died. 

Jack waiting for me at the hitching post before we load up


No comments:

Post a Comment