Friday, March 8, 2024

Trail Log: 3-6-2024

Leah - Pattie on Lou Elled - Mark on Alli

 

  • Trail: Little Horn Peak area
  • Miles: 4.24    
  • Riders: Self - Phil - Pattie - Mark
  • Horses: Jack - Twister - Lou Ellen - Alli and Leah (ponied) 


Notes: Northern friends Mark and Pattie are down for the winter. I intended to take them riding up "the deep sandy wash." I might have missed the actual entry into "the deep sandy wash" and cross-country'd it through the rocks and up and over ravines until we eventually found "the deep sandy wash." Fortunately  - Pattie and Mark ride mules and are always up for an adventure. Jack and Twister are both mountain goats and were particularly full of energy. I swear Jacks feet never touched the ground. I've said this before, but it's sure good to have my ponies feet back. Twister lost a shoe right out of the trailer. We slapped one of Jack's Cavallo trail boots. It was a little big for her but it stayed on and she never missed a beat. Back at the ranch - we had some "less than stellar" coffee cake I made out of a box. I'll pass on that one next time but the crumbly top was pretty good. 

Phil - Twister and Pearl


No comments:

Post a Comment