Monday, March 11, 2024

Trail Log: 3-9-2024

Leah - Mark on Ally - Pattie on Lou Ellen

 


  • Trail: Browns Canyon
  • Miles: 10.2
  • Riders: Self - Pattie - Mark
  • Horses: Drifter - Lou Ellen - Ally/Leah
  • Dogs: Hank and Groot

Notes: Finally made it to the base of Brown's Canyon. It was not what I expected. Not sure what I expected really. Cool area. An old air strip ends at the Wilderness border. Lot's of vegetation. Pretty sure there is water on up the canyon. I'll go back in my jeep and drive to it and hike up or haul to the strip and ride farther up and explore. 

We looped around cross country and came in from the west end and followed the road back out. I rode Drifter and put on his new trail boots once we got in the rocks. They worked great. 

Looking forward to going back and exploring the area more. Would be a great area to pack in and spend the weekend if you can find water close enough. 



No comments:

Post a Comment