Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Trail Log: 9-7-2026




  • Trail: State Land - Burro Canyon - AZ
  • Miles: 6.98
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack
  • Dogs: Groot - Harley

Notes: Took advantage of a semi-cool morning. I rode on to "Burro Canyon" the first year I came to AZ. I named it Burro Canyon from the many burro tracks in the area. I was told there weren't any burros left...but those tracks told a different story. Until this ride, I'd not seen any sign since. It appears they are back! I saw burro poop and tracks! I didn't spot any actual donkeys but they are there. 

We came upon this ring of rocks. The ground ringed in rock is raised up in a mound of sorts so not likely a camp fire. I've ridden this area dozens of times but never noticed it before. However, it is not new. A marker of some sort? A grave? Druids? I'm going with Druids. 

burro poop and tracks


No comments:

Post a Comment