Monday, August 10, 2020

Trail Log: 8-4-2020 - Dillon Montana (Joe's Place)

Beaverhead River


  • Trail: Dillon Montana - Joe's 
  • Miles: 3.22
  • Riders: Self - Joe
  • Horses: Jack - Brownie


Notes: I stopped in Dillon on the way home from the West Yellowstone shoot to visit Joe and his family. I didn't get to ride as much as I would have liked but I'm sure Jack appreciated the break. I did
Joe
help move a few sprinkler lines and got a quick lesson in fly fishing. I pretty much suck at fly fishing...However, I am an excellent grubber. Grubs are used as bait. You find them in the dirt clods on the rivers edge. It took me back to hunting night crawlers in my youth. I sold them by the dozen in our grocery store. My advertising slogan read: "KRIDDERS YOU CAN COUNT ON." One of the local teachers scoffed at the hand written sign and informed me I'd spelled "Critters" wrong. I said, "Maybe....but it got your attention, didn't it." She didn't buy any worms. Go figure. 

Grubbing! 





No comments:

Post a Comment