Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Trail Log: 11-27-2020

Riding into Old Tombstone from Alan St. 




  •  Trail: Tombstone Livery to Old Tombstone
  • Miles: 9.0
  • Riders: Self - Blake - Cindy - Dave - large group of mounted shooters (biggest group to ride into Tombstone from the TGR shoot history. 
  • Horses: Jack - J'Lo - Cowboy - Tucker

Notes: One check off my bucket list! I wasn't able to ride into Tombstone last year...at least not legal like and/or as far as anybody can prove! This year we were able to ride in with the shooters who came for the Tombstone Ghost Riders Helldarado shoot at the Tombstone Livery. 

I was worried my horses wouldn't handle the stage coaches going in and out of the streets of old Tombstone. They were a little freaked out, but not bad. Jack mostly didn't like it when they come up behind him. They did a lot better than I hoped! Dave, Cindy, Blake and I stopped in at the Crystal Palace for lunch and a prickly pear margarita before heading back to the livery. Me and Blake left before some of the others so we could let the horses run for a bit. I think my favorite thing about AZ is running Jack through the sandy washes. Something exhilarating about it. 


Well...my laundry is done. I managed to get three trail logs posted before my quarters ran out. Sweet! 


Jack and J waiting for us to get out of the bar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment