Thursday, February 4, 2021

Trail Log: 2-4-2021

Teri swapping horses

 

  • Trail: Aguila - State Land
  • Miles: 6.25
  • Riders: Self - Teri
  • Horses: Jack - Drifter - Woody and Jewels
  • Dogs: Hank - Shade - Wyatt - Olivia


Notes: We were supposed to rope this afternoon but I lost my motivation when the wind picked up. Instead, Teri and I set out on a ride in the desert. She ponied her horses and I ponied Drifter. We went in search of the earthquake but didn't find it. Instead we found an old "tank" (what we call ponds) and 4 coyotes. They were not scared of us at all. We think they might have been interested in the dogs. 

I've been putting Drifter in his pen and then leading Jack back to the trailer to unsaddle him. It's a pain in the butt. Tonight I tied Drifter to the trailer while I unsaddled. Granted, Jack was standing there with him but he stood tied like it was no big deal. I brushed him down - picked up a hoof for the heck of it and put him away for the night before heading to the Coyote for dinner. 

Tied to the trailer with Uncle Jack. 



No comments:

Post a Comment