Sunday, November 18, 2018

Trail Log: 11-17-2018


  • Trail: Weiser River Trail
  • Miles: 6.0
  • Ave mph: 3.0
  • Max mph: 8.1
  • Riders: Self - Jon
  • Horses: Pepsi - Jack
  • Dogs: Shade and Hank


Notes: Took "Pepsi" out on the Weiser River Trail to see how she reacts to things. I was going to name her Jesse. However, since I lost the bet with Blake over a shot up Pepsi can - Pepsi it is.
She did great! Travels out super nice. Out-walks my horses for sure. Crossed the bridge - went through water. We met a couple pushing a double baby stroller. Nothing strikes fear in the heart of a horse like a baby stroller unless it's llamas. She took it in stride. Bicycle...no problem. I was very happy with her. I would like to keep her, but I do not need three horses. I will try to find her a good home that will love her and treat her like she deserves. She has had a rough life up until we got her. The injury on her left short pastern seems to be cosmetic. She hasn't favored it so far as I've ridden her and she's been sound the year Blake has had her. I've been putting ProudsOff on it each day. I think it looks better already. She's probably a 2500.00 horse if it weren't for that old scar. Had it been taken care of when it happened you would probably never know it was there. Some people should not have animals. :( She's done a lot in the 7 or so years of her life. That we know of: She has been in a feed lot - used to snub colts, drug calves to the fire and been a heel horse. All that is asking a lot for a 13 hand little mare. I'm hoping to re-home her to a kid who just wants a horse to love and play with. She would make a kid a great gaming horse. If I can't find her a good home I'll keep her and start shooting off her. At least I would be eye level with the targets!

No comments:

Post a Comment