Monday, March 2, 2020

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Diaries: 3-2-2020


Today was not exactly a blog worthy day. The sporadic weather bouncing back and forth from rain, sun, wind and a little lightning thrown in...made it a good day to run into Wickenburg. I topped off the propane, filled up with diesel and bought a few groceries for the road trip North.

Patty felt like a coffee from Starducks. She ordered the least froo-frooey drink she could find. If you order a plain coffee they look at you kind of funny. I stared at the overhead menu in a bit of a fog. Nothing recognizable here except the word tea. I ordered the least complicated item with the word tea in it: a $5.00 Matcha Green Tea Latte. Tasted like something my horses would have enjoyed; pureed timothy grass pellets. I'll stick with my .20 cent cup of Lipton. It's cheaper, tastes better and I'm thinking less likely to cause colic.

We stopped at the Coyote Den on the way home to order an ice tea to wash down the Starbucks. The Coyote was hopping! Not sure what was going on in there but you got the feeling the locals were having a get together and nobody invited the snowbirds.

I wanted to take the dogs for a walk and say goodbye to Sam the Saguaro...again. I said goodbye when I thought I was leaving a week ago..but this was for reals this time. I don't wish another broken tooth on Patty even if it would get me another week. Really...I don't. Honest. Besides...the snakes are out and only going to get worse.

We made our way cross country toward Sam keeping a sharp lookout for snakes (all 16 species of them), bobcat the size of cougar, scorpions, quicksand, jumping white cholla, Javelina AND desert snapping turtles.

I said my goodbye's to Sam. He's always been the silent, stoic type unable to show his emotions. Today was no different...but I knew underneath that spiny exterior lay a cacti's heart distraught with grief over my leaving. “Farewell you old prick...until next year.”


1 comment:

  1. I hate to see you leave. I have enjoyed my vicarious winter stay with you in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete