Monday, March 23, 2020

Trail Log: 3-21-2020



  • Trail: Weiser River Trail
  • Miles: 7.32
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack and J
  • Dogs: Hank


Notes: In the 20 years I'v been riding and hiking the WRT I have never seen this many people on it.  People must be going stir crazy or they just want to get out and get their minds off the COVID-19 nightmare. They wander around like Zombies. Some will speak to you - others barely nod and stare past you without making eye contact.

At any rate - I rode past the first gate to the RR tie meadow and hobbled the horses for lunch. It did them good to graze on green grass for a while. It's been dry and the spring grass isn't coming up very fast. Plus, I tore out half my pasture and planted dry land pasture seed in hopes it rains enough to bring it up. I'm not much of a farmer but my alfalfa looks pretty good so far this year.

"Social distancing" is something I've lived with most of my life - but it sure seems to be freaking out other people. Bizarre situation we humans got ourselves in...time will tell a lot about us as a race soon enough.

The horses are practicing Social Distancing. Kind of sick of that phrase. 



No comments:

Post a Comment