Friday, October 1, 2021

10-1-2021


 

  • Trail: Aguila Arizona - State Land - My property
  • Miles: 4.62
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack and Drifter
  • Dogs: Hank


Notes: I've been here three days and I couldn't stand it any longer. I'm at a hurry up and wait point on fixing up my property so took the opportunity to saddle up. I can't remember the last time I rode! Jack and Drifter were feeling their oats for sure. They seem to like it here as much as I do. Jack was in a hurry to get somewhere. I let Drifter go so I didn't have to pull on his head the whole way. Of course he managed to get into a little cholla. A blob on his face and a few on his ankle. They don't bother him much but I got them out right away. He has a tendency to rub his face up against Jack's butt or my leg when we are riding. It's likely neither scenario would end well. We didn't ride far as the sun goes down pretty fast this time of year and the snakes are still out. 


Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment