Monday, October 18, 2021

Trail Log: 10-18-2021



  • Trail: Aguila - My property - State Land
  • Miles: 5.8
  • Riders: Self
  • Horses: Jack and Nitro
  • Dogs: Hank


Notes: I ponied Nitro out and ponied Drifter home. He was a bit of a punk today. Maybe because there are other horses in our pens and he wanted to stay behind with them. I ponied him a ways and then let him loose. He's always stayed fairly close. Today he turned around and took off running 9-0. He finally stopped about a quarter mile but wouldn't come back. He stood there whinnying his head off.  I finally went back and got him and drug his barn sour butt back out into the desert. He was kind of pissy and managed to get the rope under Jack's tail. Jack's used to a crupper but he wasn't too thrilled about it. I snubbed Nitro a little closer and proceeded on our way. He finally resigned to the fact that he wasn't talking us into going back any time soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment