Thursday, January 16, 2020

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Diaries - 1-15-2020

Blogging under the influence 


I make a pretty good Margarita. Who knew? It's too close to bedtime for caffeine – however, I doubt I'm going to have trouble falling asleep. I am exhausted. My adventuring has finally caught up with me or I put too much tequila in the margarita mix.

We left early this morning for Queen Creek. Dave and Cindy were up at the Snowbirds one day shoot. I didn't get entered in time and not sure I would have anyway. The classes are 1-4 and 5-6; senior and super senior. I am not ready to compete with 4's. I'd be donating.

I followed Dave and Cindy from Aquila to Queens Creek. My GPS was spot on most of the way. The new 202 loop was not yet updated to Google. Poor GiGi (my GPS) had her panties in an uproar for 20 miles. She finally gave up – displayed a blank screen and said to just keep going straight...your bound to end up somewhere. The last road she was aware of was “Pecos.” Lucky for me and Gigi – Cindy knew where she was going and got us safely to Queen Creek in time for her and Dave to shoot.

Jack was a bit of a mess today. I took them both out, rode J and ponied Jack. He was fine. Then I put J away and rode Jack. Ever time J would whinny – he would whinny back. Every 15 seconds for two hours. I tried everything I could think of. He'd whinny...I'd put him to work. He'd whinny...we'd go to the opposite end of the arena. He'd whinny – I'd give him a really dirty look and threaten to withhold his cookies indefinitely. Other than that, he did well around all the commotion. I guess I can't really call him a mess. If J hadn't been there calling him – he would have been fine. He's also not a fan of being confined to a stall. My horses are turned out on open pasture 99% of the time. J'Lo is used to being stalled with all the traveling we do. Jack, not so much. First thing he did was dump his full tub of water over in his stall...soaking 2 bags of shavings. He's just going to have to stand in soggy shavings for the next couple of days. I have no idea how long, or even if, those things dry out.

It was fun to watch the shoot and not have the stress of competing. Both Dave and Cindy did very well. Dave ended up in the top 10, winning a Wrangler Jeans gift certificate. Awards, dinner and dancing commenced after the shoot. I missed all three. I wasn't entered in the shoot and didn't want to crash the party. Plus, after getting the horses and dogs taken care of – I sat down to take a breather and fell asleep...and that was before the margarita! I'm entitled...I'm a Snowbird. We nap spontaneously.

I can hear a band playing outside. I should put my boots on and be sociable but I'm just not feeling it tonight. Besides, I can already see my Font slurring. Not only do I make a pretty good margarita – apparently I make a rather stout one!


1 comment: