Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Diaries - 1-17-2020


Million Dollar homes and The Man Magnet


The problem with skipping a day of blogging is I can't remember what I did by the time I get around to playing catch up. I do know that by the end of the day I was too tuckered to fire up the laptop. Hopefully it will come to me as I start mashing the keys.

They weren't starting the time only runs until 2:00 PM. Jack didn't get out of his stuffy stall much the previous day so I saddled both horses, took the dogs and we headed for the back forty for a run. There is a huge piece of land adjacent to the Horseshoe Park that is being excavated for an equestrian park. The entire outer edge and some of the inner sections have yet to be developed. Perfect for two horses and a couple dogs that really need to get out and stretch.

Strips of the outer edge along a dirt road are covered in thick green grass. The horses haven't seen green grass since November. They seemed impervious to the sticker bushes as they dove their faces into them to get to the green grass underneath.

It's going to make a nice park. It's up on a bit of a hill with a 360° panoramic view of Horseshoe Equestrian Facility and Queen Creek. Large, million dollar houses with swimming pools line one side of the future park – many under new construction – an indication of the growth over here. I asked Kathleen if it was as annoying for Arizonians to have Idahoans move in as it is for Idahoans when Californians move in. She didn't think so. She said most Idahoans have the same or similar mentality as Arizonians in a lot of areas and weren't trying to move in and change their way of life. I wish it were that way with the influx of population into Idaho. I feel like my blog is Cali-basher blog. I don't mean to be. I do know a few Californians that have moved to Idaho to escape the idiocy that is occurring over there. I would do the same and have. I don't move back to Oregon for many of the same reasons some are fleeing California.


I lit the “man-magnet”after my ride. It actually worked this time! Roger C. from South or North Dakota (I can't keep those two straight) joined Lynn and I around the propane fire ring. Roger, also a Snowbird, spends winters traveling around Arizona and is currently based in Tombstone. Tombstone sounds really cool. I may try to get there before my adventure comes to an end. My neighbor is getting the feeling I'm never coming back and asked what kind of cat food to buy in the event he runs out before I do come home.

Tomorrow we shoot. I am probably out of my league here; in which case, I've decided to not stress about it – not safety up and focus on speed. I have to do it eventually or I'll never improve. People keep saying the faster you go, the smoother you run...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment