Tuesday, February 18, 2020

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Diaries - 2-18-2020


It was a kick back day. Patty and Cindy took a drive to Surprise and Dave, well...Dave probably went roping. I had the place to myself with no plans to do much of anything but tinker around close.

Aguila has a flea market every Tuesday. Today was the day to finally check it out. They didn't have as much as the big Quartzsite one...but they had a little bit of everything including...OMG! It's Pa and Boy! I can't tell you what Pa and Boy were peddling..I didn't linger long enough to find out. Boy was everywhere I looked and in need of a bath. If I didn't spot him out of the corner of my eye, I could smell him from across tables of 1980's CD's and turquoise jewelry. I hastily paid for my 2 blankets, tossed them in the front seat and got the heck out of Deliverance.

I set up a shotgun course in the arena and had myself a little shooting practice. I would skip main match and shoot nothing but shotgun if it were allowed. It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Who determined that a barrel of monkeys would be fun? I'm thinking a barrel of monkeys would be creepy as hell.

I put J'Lo up and saddled Jack with the intent of swinging a rope off him and getting him use to Smarty. Blake's roped cattle off him but I haven't. I expected him to freak out. He doesn't like it when ropes are swung around him but didn't mind at all when I “attempted” to swing one from the saddle. We then went over and roped Smarty with the same result. Jack didn't care a bit. Two days ago he acted like that thing was out to eat him.

Patty remains determined to build a bon-fire every night she is here. We gathered more wood to accommodate. I brought out the remaining four candy bars and shared them. I'm good for about an hour around the fire before I start yawning...and evidently I am allergic to mesquite. It makes my head stuff up immediately. It's 7:30PM and I am ready to turn in. It can be expected – I am a year older, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment