Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Diaries: 2-25-2020


Does Indian Jones Do Laundry?



Something you don't see in all those action adventure movies: the leading role calling for a cease fire in the battle between good and evil to add fabric softener to the rinse cycle. sadly...in reality, even the best adventures must be put on hold if one is to live them out in clean underwear.

There was no way of topping yesterday. I embraced the fact and deemed it laundry day. The laundromat wasn't particularly exciting. No cross dressers handing out Harley shirts...no creepy dude in the corner watching you fold your underwear. Just me and Sam Flatt (“Fake News” thriller by author Jerry Hatchett) unfolding the cyber clues that will ultimately lead to the shocking plot twist at the very last chapter.

There were more 'out of order” dryers than the week before. Fortunately – there weren't nearly as many people fighting over the few available. I didn't have to wait to swap from washer to dryer. The folks that came in after me weren't so lucky. My clothes dried with 15 minutes to spare on the dryer timer. A tall kid who looked to be fresh off the Team Roping circuit had the same expression on his face as I had last week waiting for a dryer to open. I took pity on him same as a lady took pity on me last week. I pulled my clothes out of the dryer and saved it for him. Relief washed over his face as he thanked me and joked “We could probably make a pile of money by setting up a clothes line out back.”

I stopped at Safeway for groceries before heading back to Aquila. The Tuesday flea market was in full swing. I swooped in to see if the denim jacket I saw last Tuesday was there. It was not. Maybe next year. I made one last stop at the post office and the dollar store just because. I was going to miss everything about this little town. Everything but Pa and Boy...but everything else!

Dave came home from...well, roping of course and Patty and Cindy shortly after. The girls (Patty, Cindy and Rachael) had taken a road trip up to Yarnell and hiked the memorial trail. I stayed behind not wanting to get car sick for three days. They had a great time and should be proud of themselves for hiking over 6 miles straight up and straight down.

Dave, Cindy and I went to the Coyote Den for dinner. I wasn't really hungry – but I wanted to visit one more time before heading north in a few days. Man...I was really going to miss everything about this little town...except maybe Pa and Boy...but everything else, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment