Wednesday, February 5, 2020

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Diaries: 2-4-2020


MOON OVER WICKENBURG

I spent the majority of the day mooning the greater Wickenburg populace. Somewhere along the battery debacle, I managed to sit in battery acid. Who knew it takes less acid to burn the seat out of a favorite pair of jeans than it does to keep the lights on. Fortunately for all of Wickenburg and myself...I have not made the wardrobe decision to go commando. Some days are diamonds...some days your ass is exposed to everyone in Tractor Supply.

I got up at 6:00 AM bright eyed and bushy tailed (bare tailed, actually), fed the horses, knocked the ice out of the dogs water and was on the road by 7:30 AM. I didn't want to be late for the Kenda Clinic at Ben Avery. I also wanted to be there ahead of time to warm Jack up since I intended to ride him in the clinic.

Even though the temps had risen to 40° - the wind was relentless. It felt like 20°. Messages flew back and forth between the shooters attending the course. Since Lynn, Kyle (recent retiree and shooter from Montana) and I were the only ones at Ben Avery that early, Kenda asked us how the weather looked. I responded it was colder than a penguins butt in January. I had yet to discover the cause of the frigid breeze fanning my own ass or could have said it's colder than a snowbirds butt in February.

It was agreed to postpone the clinic to another day. Lynn and I got in for the Thursday clinic. The delay is likely a blessing in disguise. Tombstone is showing night time temps in the teens. I didn't drive 980 miles to frost bite either set of cheeks in Southern Arizona. I can get that in Idaho.

Our plan now (subject to change. One must be flexible if one is to be a snowbird) is to attend the clinic on Thursday and drive to Tombstone Friday morning. Night time temps should be back up into the mid to upper 30's by then.

AutoZone called back and said they think they got my battery saga straightened out. That's good...because the State of Oregon has managed to screw up my retirement distribution to the tune of...a lot. I cannot live on $125.00 for the month of February. Not even if I hunt javelina three times a day and burn grease-wood for heat; contrary to what people think about Arizona, the desert gets dang cold at night. How cold you ask? Colder than a Snowbirds butt in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment