Friday, February 21, 2020

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Diaries: 2-20-2020

Dave and Cindy

The life of a snowbird is not all fun in the sun. Yesterday was laundry day...today was septic dump day. I have it down to an art. I can whip into the 76 station, dump the tanks...sweep over to the diesel pumps and be back on the road in under 10 minutes. Not exactly a skill I thought I'd be proud of somebody but I kind of am! It's the little things I guess.

Patty had a less than stellar day. She went in to the dentist and came out minus one tooth! She made the appointment thinking it would be something minor. The tooth was split in half and they had to pull it and put in a spacer. You could tell she's been in pain since she got to Arizona. She's been trying to downplay it but it was written all over her face. She hasn't lost her sense of humor, though. She said “Laurie came to Arizona and got four new tires and a converter....I came here and got a new tooth!” I am praying that she feels better tomorrow. She hasn't eaten hardly anything since she got here. I'm fairly certain you can't survive on scrambled eggs indefinitely.

Gary and Roger came over to rope. I ran the shoot for the first run through and took pictures the second run. I don't take a lot of action photos (it shows). It seemed easier to do with my old .35 MM film camera back in the day. I feel like you had more control of things with the old SLR film cameras.

I took the dogs and horses for a short walk/graze after practice. The horses aren't use to being on dry hay this long and are missing the green grass! The up side to controlling their feed is they stay in better shape.

I roped Smarty the dummy for a few minutes before putting the horses up and doing the evening chores. I made Rice A Roni for dinner and practically forced Patty into eating it because damn it, you cannot live on cold scrambled eggs forever!

Cindy and Cowboy



No comments:

Post a Comment