Thursday, February 6, 2020

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Diaries: 2-5-2020

SHIT HAPPENS!!




Cold and windy again today. A good day to stay inside and catch up on paperwork and other tedious tasks. Peter had a chiropractor appointment in Surprise. He and Lynn left me to hold down the fort. I spent the morning on the phone trying to straighten out my retirement distribution...or lack of. They assure me it will get looked into as soon as possible. “As soon as possible” for the State can be anything from 60 days to the second coming. I wonder if The Family Dollar in Aguila is hiring?

I flipped on the TV for the first time in over a month. It is as I suspected ...watching the news is like watching a soap opera. You can stop watching it – tune in a year later and catch up in 5 minutes because nothing has changed. Same shit...different day. I found an earlier recording of President Trumps State of the Union speech. I would not call him an eloquent speaker. Rough around the edges, unpolished. He tells it like it is....not what you want to hear. Obama was an eloquent speaker...as well as Clinton and a few others that damn near sold our country down the tubes. When the time comes, I will put on my MAGA hat and head on down to the elections and cast my vote for the gritty, flawed guy with the bad haircut and the guts to put America first.

While I enjoyed the speech, it would have been better delivered strictly via audio. Watching the
embarrassing disrespect of the opposing party was hard to watch. I can only hope now that the impeachment circus is over, that they can find some semblance of peace and move on. Literately...move on as in move to a different country that suits their ideology. China or perhaps Cuba might be a better fit. I watched all I could stumach and switched channels to The Kelly Clarkson show. That woman is hilarious.

Peter held an American Sign Language class after super. We wrote down a page full of words we wanted to learn to sign. Once we learned those words...Pete would write down others he wanted to show us. Mother, Father...brother and Sister. Red, White, Blue and Yellow. Yellow means wait. Green means go. Red means stop. We learned the difference between deer and horse – Cat and dog. He felt we needed to know the sign for “Shit Happens” and doubled over in laughter when we mimicked his gestures. He taught us how to sign “Jesus Christ” “Bible” and “Prayer.” As the day wound donw, we learned the sign for “sunrise” and “sunset.” The latter of which Pete walked to the patio window and gestured toward a blazing red and orange Arizona sunset...teaching us the sign for “beautiful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment